Thursday, January 20, 2022

Boring blog entry #2

I am on a diet as of today. An actual one, with controlled eating and such. So since I ate a big amount of food yesterday, I am going to fast today and eat low-res tomorrow! 

I am only going to drink coffee and water or tea. So I hope this goes well, I think it will, I feel on top of my game lately. Last year was a mess I'll tell you, but since I started this blog in 2022 it's all history. 

I am currently reading "Convenience Store Woman" by Sayaka Murata. It's interesting because I can't relate to the character in most aspects but I get it. 

You know, if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't. That's what subjectivity is. 

But! There is also weirdness that is not to be confused with subjectivity. Weirdness is making fun of serious things you can't relate to like serious illness, misogyny, racism, pedophilia etc.  

If you aren't suffering from it, DON'T. MAKE. JOKES. OF. IT.  

This goes especially to those "dude bros" who think adding "It's a joke" or "humor is subjective" after giving disgusting statements makes them harmless. 

So this went pretty off-lane didn't it. 

Right, the book is interesting, I sometimes wonder if the authors of weird or scary books are similar to any of the characters they write. In that case, I would be interested in seeing more interviews of authors that write scary books. I'm annoyed only YA authors get interviewed. 

 Like what is there to ask? 


"Did you base the ML off of Harry Styles? If so why?

(Who cares??) 

"Yes, I imagine myself as the FL and I am in love with Harry Styles.

(Figures.)  


But asking a horror story writer would look different. 


"How do you make such detailed murder scenes? I get shivers all over when I read them..

(I'm invested!!)

"Oh, haha you see, I am a serial killer, so I have first-hand experience. I watch a lot of true crime  documentaries.

(PARDON?)


Also, psychological or philosophy genres need more interviews, I would love to know the authors' intentions on it, rather than the "abs or dad bod?" debate.

Nothing wrong with reading erotica, but really? Does it need to be questioned beyond the actual script? No, it does not. Because it is a matter-of-fact genre, with no symbolism, and no critique of society. Just sexy time. 

I am going to review the book once I finished it, I don't know if I will make a full-on analysis or a personal essay. Probably the latter, because this is an online diary, not a college application. (。_。)

I really like my coffee, it's perfectly balanced with a shot of oat milk, bitterness, and sweetness. Maybe I should have a plain black one for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?